Coconut oil is probably one of my favourite ingredients at the moment. I use it for everything! (well almost everything) It’s great as a beauty product, has amazing fat burning properties, antibacterial, immune system booster, weight loss and so much more.
I thought I’d share with you a couple of ways to best use this amazing ingredient and here they are:
1. I cook everything in coconut oil (obviously!) it tastes so much better (well that if you actually like the taste/smell of coconut) plus its Capric Acid and Lauric Acid, which raise the level of High Density Lipoproteins in the body, lowers Bad Cholesterol, boosts immunity and fights ageing. As our bodies react differently to different ingredients it would perhaps be a good idea to check your cholesterol levels regularly if you’re planning to incorporate coconut oil in your diet.
2. I use it as a make up remover. I’ve actually promised myself I will never ever buy make up remover as it will be pointless. Coconut oil is indeed the best ever, simply massage the oil onto your face and wipe off with a cotton pad. It’s especially efficient for removing eye make up, your eyes will never sting again ladies, that simple!
3. Use it as a hair mask for both roots and ends. If your hair has a tendency to become quite greasy quicker like mine does it would probably be best to use it more often for the ends. But trust me it does wonders with dry hair and split ends and it is one of the best natural nutrients for your hair. Your hair will be super shiny and smooth and it’s all natural, none of those nasty chemicals you find in the all so different creams, oils, serums etc on the market.
4. Great body moisturiser. I make my own body butters using different natural ingredients but I usually incorporate coconut oil too, it will leave your skin soft and hydrated plus it does wonders with skin imperfections such as acne and scars.
5. Use in coffee for an extra boost of energy and to help you burn more fat. If you’re interested in this you will certainly not want to miss this post here.
If you want to know more about how to incorporate coconut oil in you daily routine this article from Wellness Mama is brilliant.
I would probably say the best one to go for it should be extra virgin organic raw coconut oil and this is the one I personally use.
If you have any other tips that you wanted to share, feel free to comment below.
Focus on the good 🙂